Ambassadors perform a wide variety of duties in the Chamber, but their main function is to help promote the Chamber, welcome new members to the Chamber, and make Chamber events successful and enjoyable for everyone. They are a special group of people who volunteer their time to help promote the Henry County business community and support Chamber functions.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A CHAMBER AMBASSADOR
- Have a people-person personality
- Can make members and guests feel comfortable and welcome
- Projects a positive image for their company and/or the Chamber
- Has confidence to make personal contact with any Chamber member
- Encourages others to become Chamber members
- Volunteers about 3-4 hours a month as an Ambassador
THE AMBASSADOR COMMITMENT
- Participate in no less than 4 Ambassador meetings per year
- Attend Chamber ribbon cuttings, grand openings, programs and other events
- Assist with member retention
- Greet new Chamber members and introduce them to other members at Chamber events
- Knowledge of the Chamber, staff, committees and benefits
- Acting as a contact for new and existing members
- Encourage members to attend Chamber events, programs and to get more involved
BENEFITS FOR AMBASSADORS
- Name and photo on the Ambassador page on the Chamber’s website
- Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members, meet local business and community leaders
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
- Gain an insider’s perspective of the local business community
- Chance to help the community and show community pride
- Recognition at the Chamber’s annual banquet
BENEFITS FOR CHAMBER
- Increased visibility within community
- Better understanding of membership needs
- More involvement of existing Chamber members
- Ability to manage more effectively
- Increased recruitment opportunities
- Member retention
BENEFITS TO CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP
- Increased access to points of contact who can provide assistance and answer questions
- More frequent Chamber communication
- Potential for increased referrals
- Members will feel more connected to the Chamber
AMBASSADOR POINT SYSTEM
Ambassadors receive points based on participation. The highest point earner will receive an award at the Chamber’s annual banquet.
- COMMITTEE MEETINGS – 1 POINT
- Points are awarded for attendance at Ambassador committee meetings. Meetings will be held 6 times a year.
- RIBBON CUTTING – 1 POINT
- Points awarded for attendance at ribbon cuttings and ground breaking ceremonies.
- REFERRING CHAMBER MEMBERS – 3 POINTS
- Points are awarded when an Ambassador’s referred business joins the Chamber.
- ATTEND EVENTS – 1 POINT
- Points are awarded for attendance at Chamber events such as golf outing, Memorial Day ceremony and parade, cash bonanza and other events hosted by the Chamber.
Think you may be interested? Great! You may call (765-529-5210) or email (email@example.com) with any questions.
Are you ready to get started? Super! Please complete the following online form.