Shonda Kane - Executive Director
Cindy Brooks - Member Services
Executive Board Members
President - Cara Huffman, F.C. Tucker Crossroads Real Estate
1st Vice President - Cindi Kiner, The H.R. Connection
2nd Vice President - Latina Masters, Citizens State Bank
Treasurer - Melissa True, Henry County REMC
Secretary - Kevin Brown, Hinsey-Brown Funeral Services
Past President - Chris May, Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame
Kristen Bennett - ERA Integrity Real Estate
Mary Campbell - Purdue Extension Service
Cathy Crabtree - Pfenninger Claxton Estelle Insurance
Kevin Davenport - Clean N Simple Commercial Cleaning
Rebecca Gonya - Big O Tires
Justin Helman - FocalPoint Business Coaching
Jeff Jaco - The Sanctuary
Cynthia Lines - First Financial Bank
Vickie McIntosh - First Merchants Bank
Doug Meier - State Farm Insurance
Vaughn Reid - Vital Computing
Christy Tompkins - Individual
Marka Sonoga - The Courier-Times
Tiffany Lee - First Baptist Church
Luci Welch - Henry Community Health
Ex-Officio Board Members
Corey Murphy - Executive Director, New Castle Henry County Economic Development Corp.
Greg York, Mayor - City of New Castle
Matt Montgomery - Tourism Advisory Board
Linda Link - Ambassador
Do you have an interest in serving on the NCHC Chamber Board of Directors?
Please read the following information before proceeding to the online application at bottom of page.
Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors of the New Castle Henry County Chamber of Commerce. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position.
This application will be kept confidential and on file at the Chamber office. Applications are used by the Chamber’s nominating committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. This committee will interview potential board members when there is an open position and make recommendations to the full board of directors. Directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members.
Mission: The New Castle Henry County Chamber of Commerce will be an active voice for Chamber membership by promoting growth, development and a favorable economic climate.
+Integrity – We conduct our activities with competence and integrity with responsibility to our members for efficient and effective use of resources.
+Respect – We are sensitive in our interaction with businesses, their employees and our colleagues, respecting the uniqueness, traditions, and values of each person while striving to maintain a positive atmosphere for economic growth in our service area.
+Ethics – We believe in demonstrating the strength, moral principles, honesty and ethics that warrant the trust of the community.
Member of the Board Job Description
- Willing to take a leadership role in the organization and have an understanding of the mission and governing policies of the Chamber
- Operate in a professional and ethical manner as a Chamber representative, accountable to the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Serves a minimum of 1 three-year term on the board unless filling the remainder of a resignation.
- Active participation on one standing committee is required.
- Attends board meetings and important related meetings on a regular basis. The full Board of Directors meets the 2nd Thursday of every month at 11:30am at various locations. Meetings last 1 – 1.5 hours and lunch is on your own unless provided by the venue.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time. Including participation in annual raffle ticket sales fundraising efforts.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Builds a collegial working relationship with other committee members that contributes to consensus. Willing to be objective to all proposals brought before the board.
- Participates in the Chamber’s annual evaluation and planning efforts, determine the goals and objectives of the Chamber annually.
- Approve the annual operating budget.
- Participates in membership recruitment for the organization.
- Participates in fund raising for the organization including ticket sales for the annual Cash Bonanza.